This course is subject to DBS checks as it includes a mandatory work placement.
The course covers areas such as:
- Employability skills.
- Providing learning support.
- Child and young person development.
- Communication and professional relationships with children, young people and adults.
- Equality, diversity and inclusion in work with children and young people.
- Safeguarding the welfare of children and young people.
- Helping improve own and team practise in schools.
- Maintaining and supporting relationships with children and young people.
- Supporting children and young people health and safety.
- Supporting children and young people.
- Positive behaviour.
- Supporting learning activities.
- Schools as organisations.
At the end of this course, learners will be able to apply for jobs, and or apply to do the City & Guilds Level 3 Diploma In Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools as a progression route.
We deliver this course in different locations across London and the South East.
Learners should be working a Entry Level 3 for Maths and Level 1 for English in order to keep up with the work on the programme. Learners must have also completed the Supporting Teaching & Learning in Schools Level 2 Award & must have a current DBS which can be arranged and funded by LLC, according to eligibility.